Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ramadan Reminiscing...

Subhan Allah, I really miss Ramadan.

I just started getting back into my school work and even though I had exams during Ramadan and I studied for my classes during Ramadan it seems as though I just had a month long break. Im looking at my physics homework and it might as well be advanced mandarin Chinese because it makes little to no sense to me.

I was driving my sister's car and she had the Suhaib Webb Mothers of the Believers in the cd player. Shaykh Suhaib was talking about how in the entire Quran Allah swt did not instruct Muhammed PBUH to ask for increase in anything except one thing. He swt told the prophet PBUH "say: O Lord increase me in knowledge".

There is an old arab proverb that says that that which is written for you will chase you or will come after you in a hurry. Subhan Allah, we live for that which is guaranteed and chase after what is promised to us. Yet we act as if paradise is going to fall in our laps, and knowledge is going to just inhabit our minds without our exerting any effort to gain it.

Imagine the fact that the Prophet of ALLAH was Commanded by ALLAH to pray for increase in knowledge. Where do we stand? We dont know anything compared to the Rasul yet we dont even want to learn the deen. We learn that we can be laymen and we are safe. So instead of learning the deen we let others gain knowledge and we just care about yes's and no's. This isnt what our deen is about.

May ALLAH increase us in knowledge and wisdom and make us the leaders of the muttaqeen. Ameen