Thursday, June 22, 2006

GQ...

So im 23 years old now, and I was looking in my closet and realized that if some stranger were to come to my crib and go through my gear they would think some 19 year old thugged out dude lives here.

But thats not me anymore.

I dont listen to music anymore, I dont hang out with knuckle heads and im not 19. Im supposed to be graduating college and getting into the real world and I think its about time I dress like it.

I mean, dont get me wrong, white tees and timbs will be my casual gear for life inshallah, but I cant be goin out to restaurants with my homies (who are older pimp dressin dudes mashallah) wearin my thug gear.

So i had been lookin at a bunch of gear at different places and my Allah is it hard to be GQ and not be gay. Its like every shirt is cut to be tight on your body and every pair of pants looks almost like I would not be permitted to pray in em. Not to mention being GQ is not cheap by any means.

So I went to Hechts and they definitely were short on clothes of my taste. Who da hell wears linen shirts? I aint tryin to look like a freakin curtain!

So I remember overhearing one of my more pimp dressing homies talk about Express for Men and I laughed at first, not knowing that Express actually made mens clothes, but I heard they opened a store in our mall so I figured id check em out.

As soon as I walked in I saw the shirts i was gonna buy. Pin striped collar button downs of different colors that I could wear on Jeans or Dressy pants.

To make a long story short, I spent a bar on 3 shirts and a pair of pants, and got some Aqua Digio cologne to smell pretty too.

Ladies and Gentlemen: I have officially changed my steelo...