Sunday, June 04, 2006

Beard steez...



Before



After

So I was at my boys house a couple days back, and he was imploring me to allow him to trim my beard. I was like helll nawwww cuz first of all, I cut my own hair, and second of all, I was growing it out fist length sunnah style so I didnt wanna bother its natural progression.

But he proposed a design to me of fading in the sides (since the sides had been growing at a faster rate than the bottom) and not touching the bottom as to maintain the fist.

I took his idea, went home, and decided that I would give it a shot. I had no idea that there was THAT much hair on da sides!!

I took the first pic that night, and it turned out to be rather gangsta so i made it my celly's wallpaper. I was at a dawat at Aatif's cuzzin's crib and all the aunties were there. Obviously they are gonna as me how Aatif is engaged and im still single.

Aatif's mom swore she had someone for me already as did his aunts, telling me that I need to be moving on rishta stuff. So I showed em the pic and told em I wasnt getting any girls calling back after showing em my rishta pic. They all were scared when they saw the pic LOL.

The pics look like 2 different people almost, but khayr, I think I still maintained the integrity of the beard, and now when it grows longer it'll really grow in fist length status cuz I didnt touch the bottom at all.

Shout out to all my bearded bros out there! Sisters think wearin a hijab is hard, try having a beard and tell me how easy it is to maintain!

PS: Would you be my friend if I really smiled like that?