Friday, November 18, 2005

The Milk Carton...

So i was missing from my blog because I had 3 exams to take. Subhan Allah I can not STAND having 3 exams in a week because by the time you get to the last test your burnt out, and when that last class is Physics, its not good.

On top of having an exam today I had to also give the khutbah. I only had an hour to prepare so I ended up cheating and going on www.khutbah.com and stealing one of Mo Al Shareef's. I took the one on sincerity and tweaked it. But I made dua that ALLAH swt make my task easy for me and as always as-Samee' came through. The door to the musallah was locked so we had to wait like 20 minutes before we could get it open. That forced me to unfortunately have to shorten the khutbah. I felt bad for the ma'moomeen because im sure they noticed that I really wasn't into it. I felt like I was just going through the motions and not expressing genuine excitement when I was speaking as I usually try to do. Insha Allah everyone benefitted from it though.

It rained pretty hard the other day and we prayed Asr on campus drenched. I gave a khaatira in which I talked about how ALLAH swt gives us signs all around us in nature. I spoke about how even the rain drew at least two reactions from the Prophet PBUH which were recorded.

Narrated 'Aisha:
(the wife of the Prophet), I never saw Allah's Apostle laughing loudly enough to enable me to see his uvula, but he used to smile only. And whenever he saw clouds or winds, signs of deep concern would appear on his face. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! When people see clouds they usually feel happy, hoping that it would rain, while I see that when you see clouds, one could notice signs of dissatisfaction on your face." He said, "O 'Aisha! What is the guarantee for me that there will be no punishment in it, since some people were punished with a wind? Verily, some people saw (received) the punishment, but (while seeing the cloud) they said, 'This cloud will give us rain.' "

Subhan Allah, to me this is an amazing example of how we should have taqwa of ALLAH swt. Muhammed PBUH feared ALLAH swt's punishment even though he was promised paradise. He knew that ALLAH swt has the ability to do His will, and this made him PBUH have this reaction.

The second reaction to rain the Muhammed PBUH had was when it rained he went out and let some rain get on him and then he came back inside. When asked why he did it, he PBUH said [paraphrase for now cuz i cant find the source] Allah commanded the clouds and they obeyed his command, so I want some of that obedience to come on me.

This shows the love that he PBUH had for ALLAH swt and how much he loved to obey his Lord.

May ALLAH swt make us among those who reflect upon His signs, and increase in Iman whenever we notice one of these signs...ameen

Iboo