Monday, May 22, 2006

Summer Reading...

So I went to Islamic Bookstore (www.islamicbookstore.com) and picked up my reads for the summer. I usually get books that deal with hard concepts that I hear about all the time, but this time I figured id get books I would normally get plus others about stuff that I know little about so that I can broaden my horizons and gain knowledge bout stuff from the source instead of hearing about it from others.

The Divine Names and Attributes - al Bayhaqi
The Muslim Mind on Trial: Divine Revelation vs Secular Rationalism - Abdessalam Yassine
Return of the Pharaoh: Memoir in Nasir's Prison - Zainab al Ghazzali
Medicine of the Prophet - as Suyuti
Wisdom for the Seeker - Zulfiqar Ahmad
Deliverance from Error - Imam al Ghazzali
The Clear Criterion for Distinguishing between Islam and Godlessness - al Ghazzali *
The Infamies of the Batinies and the Virtues of the Mustazhirites - al Ghazzali *
The Correct Balance - al Ghazzali *
The Noblest of Aims in the Explanation of God's Fairest Names - al Ghazzali *
The Book of the Marvels of the Heart - al Ghazzali *
Necklaces of Gems: Biography of Abdul Qadir al Jilani - Muhammed ibn Yahya

* Came packaged with Deliverance from Error

I also picked up another dear beloved son by Imam Ghazzali to give to someone as a gift.

I hope I get these joints finished this summer cuz I most certainly got a gangsta deal on em.