Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Recap while I have a minute...

So while I have a bit of time between finals (next one is thursday so make dua!) I figured Id rewind this past weekend.

So I had a computer science project due on Sunday by Midnight, a statistics project due Monday Morning, and a genetics final Monday as well. So you obviously know what I did this weekend huh?

Guess again.

I decided that instead of studying, I would go up to Philly with my homies for one of my homeboy's wedding, and guess what?

It was totally worth it.

We left here late so when we finally got to the venue we had missed the nikaah by 10 minutes. I was a bit blown at first, but the feeling subsided with each one of my homies I saw and hugged.

Some of these guys I hadnt seen in a couple of years and subhan Allah they completely humbled me when I met em.

I found that many of them were on the same path as me but just a few miles ahead. They had devoted their focus on their internal realm, and were taking defined steps to purify their hearts and maintain a close relationship with Allah swt. I swear by Allah that these brothers seemed like shining lamps and when I inquired about what these guys had been doing, i find out that indeed they had been focusing on their hearts.

The wedding itself was exactly the kind of wedding I want: Simple, at a masjid, snacks, pics, ruksatti and im out.

We were at my boy's house afterwards and his mom was just like 'It was a simple wedding for a simple couple' and subhan Allah, to be simple in this case is most definitely a compliment.

Weddings should be a time of enjoyment and celebration, not a time of stress and bankruptcy.

On a side note: How amazing is it when you make an intention to do something that you wont be able to do, and then Allah swt makes it happen in another way?

We race for adhan sometimes and we dont get it, and then we just show up with an intention to make adhan and Allah swt blesses you with the opportunity to gain the reward, even though you're at a masjid out of state, with a jamaa' full of people who go to the masjid, and a muadh'dhin standing at the mic.

innallaha bi kulli shay'in qadeer