Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Sincerity Factor...

So i have been reflecting lately about how sincere I actually am.

Just because nobody is around, and I am doing something good, does that qualify the act as sincere?

Sometimes I feel like I am doing something just so that I can show off to ALLAH swt. Im almost positive its just Shaytaan trying to confuse me but it has got me thinking nonetheless.

Is there such a thing as sincerity in having sincerity?

I remember I used to want to cry in my prayer but I always was afraid that people may think I am trying to show off. But then after I went to Umrah, everyone was crying in their prayer and I realized that I should not care if anyone thinks im doing anything for a bad intention, as long as I know what my intention is.

Sometimes we fall into shaytaan's trap by thinking that we need to not do good deeds when people are watching in order to save our sincerity. In actuality, we are then negating sincerity because we are more worried about the person who is watching us than we are about the Creator of people.

رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا

ameen