Wednesday, April 26, 2006

True Peace...

http://gandaghee.blogspot.com/2006/02/peace.html

That post was made in February when Uncle Nazir Baig had a stroke and we went to go visit him. Subhan Allah, last night at around midnight he passed away in the rehab center, presumabely in his sleep.

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

How insignificant our issues seem when we think about the reality of our life ending at its appointed time.

Allah swt tells us in the Quran "Qul innal mawtal ladhee tafirroona minhu fa innahu mulaaqeekum".

Say: "The Death from which ye flee will truly overtake you"

We think what we are going through is so stressful and important yet we have no idea the trials that each one of us will face when our souls reach our collar bone and our legs are crossed over each other in the shroud in which we will be buried.

Musharraf Qaadri, Nazir Baig, and Nazir Vohra (May Allah have mercy upon them all), all uncles in my community whom I grew up knowing and loving, have passed away within the past 2 years.

When my father was all but gone to Allah swt Nazir uncle came and sat next to him and kept him company all afternoon even though my father was delirious from the medication he was on.

I look around and see the sons of of each of these now deceased cornerstones of the muslim community in this area and I see myself.

I put myself in their shoes and it fills me with a grief that I can not describe.

How could I possibly step up and be a leader like my father? Will I ever possess the cunningness of my father so that when he is gone, I will be able to benefit the family the way he did? Will I be able to console my mother when his day comes?

Or my mother: When she is gone, what will I do? Whose lap will I lay in when I come home from a hard day of work? I cant even continue without my eyes watering as this is a thought that I can not reflect on without my heart comming up into my throat.

How scary a thought it is to know that one day, the ones who cared for you when you were unable to care for yourself, who raised you with blood sweat and tears, who cried when you were hurt and prayed for your well being...will be gone soon.

May Allah grant Nazir Baig the highest levels of Jannah, forgive him all his sins, and make him among those whom He loves...ameen