Monday, November 28, 2005

Marriage Post # 1...

So i made a revelation to a certain person yesterday which I didnt think was that odd, yet this person seemed to be completely shocked by what I told them.

I have a list.

Its kind of like a cheat sheet for a fantasy football draft which has a list of who I would be interested in for marriage ranked from 1 to...I dont want to say how many people I have ranked :loser: but lets just say it is a healthy amount.

Now this list obviously isnt static, almost monthly the list can be rearranged in priority and if someone happens to get engaged or married then they are scratched off the list, like a hitman's hitlist.

Is that really that odd?

You have to organize your thoughts if you want to really be clear about what it is you want to do when the time comes. I mean, instead of 'feeling out' potentials for marriage I simply place them on the list and move them up and down depending on if they do something which warrants rearrangement of the order.

I remember at ISNA maybe 2 years ago, Mohammed Magid (HafidhAllah) during a marriage session asked the brothers 'who has written down what it is they want in a wife'. I raised my hand and looked around, realizing that I was one of the only ones who had done so.

Am I being anal?

I think that we need to really know what it is we want in a spouse before we go out searching, or else we are gonna look really dumb when we think we have found what we like and they turn out to be a loser.

May ALLAH grant us all success in this life and the hearafter, and grant us spouses and children who are comfort for our eyes...ameen