Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Box...

Muhammed al Shareef once said that the iman is not a static thing, it is something which goes up and down constantly and the trick is to not allow the lowest valley, of your iman line graph if you will, to get lower than any other previous point your iman has been at. In other words your iman never gets as low as its previous lowest point, and therefore in the long run will ultimately always go up.

Anyone who knows me now knows that my opinion about the halal/haramness of music is rather nazi-like. Sometimes I may lighten up and not be as Hitler, but my opinion is pretty much written in stone.

I was not always this way, as those who have known me for a very long time know. I was a hiphop head beyond compare. Dont believe me? I once counted my cd collection to be upwards of 400 CDs (not burned CDs but purchased at an avg of $10 a pop, yeah...ouch) and on top of that I had stacks and stacks of hiphop magazines all over my room which when I threw away took a couple contractor bags and were too heavy to pick up.

Which takes me to The Box.

Most of the CDs I had I threw out, my bro gave away, or my mom gave away (yeah, my mom). Last week I noticed a box in my basement, it was full of cds. Not just cds, but some of my favorite cds the cds that were in constant rotation in my car.

Allah was testing me and Shaytaan was enticing me. I would look at a cd and I immediately would remember songs from the cd, the 'good' feeling I had when I was listening to em, when I first heard the cd, etc.

I was so enticed that I actually grabbed one cd that I loved oh so much and brought it with me as I went with some friends (who listen to music) and told them to pop it in for old times sake. After hearing a few tracks, I could not believe that I used to listen to this over and over again day after day. Forget the language or the music, these guys would rap about shirk. Who calls them self God? If you have no idea what i am talking about, alot of the New York rappers are 5%er 'muslims' who think that ALLAH is an acronym for Arm Leg Leg Arm Head RE themselves. So I am listening to this garbage and I am like, how corny are you to call your friend 'God'? How could you take a stinky number two on a toilet, require sleep and food to function, and be created from the despised fluid of another humans private parts, and you consider yourself a god?

Needless to say, the reminscing was short lived, and I had my sis throw those CDs in the trash and am in the process of tossing The Box out as well.

Make dua for me!!