Monday, January 09, 2006

Gandaghee II update

Im sure people are wondering whats up with Gandaghee II Return of the Lota. Well, let me just say that I have been pretty depressed this entire semester because my right hand man Aatif was taking a semester at McGill University in Canada so I wasnt able to collaborate with him on anything, but i kept comming up with ideas and putting them down on paper even though I was beginning to be a bit skeptical about GII ever getting started.

Well as soon as Aatif got back in town, he got to work and alhumdulillah I have some greeeeaaat news.

Aatif and our production guy Yasser have secured a phaaaaaat camera which will allow us to insha Allah record Gandaghee II in Widescreen format. We can actually record in high definition if we want to but we are not 100% sure if we are going to do that yet.

Some people know already, but just to let everyone know: Yasser had all of the equipment we used for the last movie and his studio fell victim to a fire last summer which destroyed everything that he had. This set us back pretty far, but alhumdulillah he has the aforementioned camera now, he actually upgraded his computer system and we now have an even more powerful editing tool walhumdulillah, and I was hanging out with Naem Muhammed from Native Deen the other day and he told us we can use his studio if we want to so that gives us a place to record the songs for Halal Mixtape Vol 2.

I have some sick sick stuff written for GII and I am sure you guys are going to laugh more than part one insha ALlah. Unfortunately I can not share anything with you, but as soon as we start recording some stuff I am going to link it to my blog so you guys can get the first sneak peak at our wierdo minds at work.

Make dua for us that Allah purify our intentions, make easy for us our task, and that our movie be filled with good and that all bad be far far away from it. Ameen.