Saturday, January 28, 2006

Holes...

So I havent updated in forever and yall might think its because Im so super busy.

To the contrary I actually have had plenty of time to myself, but have just been spending it on the Playstation.

Holes? You may be asking yourself what im talkin about. Now I dont think depression is the word for it, but I have been feeling rather empty inside for the past month. I have been a part of a halaqa for the past 5 years walhumdulillah, and 2 of the bros in the halaqa got married this winter.

One had the nikaah done last summer and just had his waleema, while the other just out the blue had a small little nikaah. For those who have seen Gandaghee, the former is the lead singer of 'Witr Without You' while the latter is the 'Gulab Jamun' bro from Barbados. I have to mention the fact that the Waleema was off the hook. We did this skit that totally had everyone in the ballroom geeking and I actually recited at the wedding as well (surah Room duh). It was separated for the first half, and the partition was opened in the second half. I think I am gonna do it the same way myself.

Anyway, our halaqa is not just about gaining knowledge, but these guys are true brothers of mine. Anything I need whether it be help financially, a question about the deen, or just someone to hang out with, these guys are there. After these two got married, its just not the same. My place was the hang out spot every weekend, but not any more. Whats interesting is the fact that the loss of their companionship actually has weakened my iman. On top of that the halaqa just got split up as well, and im with a group of new bros.

I remember the ayaat in the Quran talking about how Musa PBUH's mother felt after she put him in the river. Allah says that she was 'faarighaa', empty. Musa not being their made her feel empty hence, holes.

This is what life is, isnt it? Hellos goodbye move on. Like Amir Sulayman said "This life is just a hotel room. Checkin in and checkin out."

So now my sis and I can hang out like we used to i guess. Ive been meaning to really go out with her somewhere other than the cheesesteak spot. Like, the movies or puttputt or somethin. I mentioned to her the most current order of my 'List' a bit ago and she responded by laughing at me for putting a certain sister on it. She said that shes like a princess and im...well...me and that she was 'too good' for me. Wow, now im not cocky since I dont have too much to be cocky about, but I got game. I told her that if I want to go after a certain sister I think I can win her, i aint scurred. If I get rejected I get rejected, isnt that what istikhara is for?

Ive said too much...

Transmission over