Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The only thing happening in my life...


So I have to correct the spelling of my nieces name. My bro decided on Maryam Sultana Zuberi with a y.

So when she was born I was reluctant to hold her. I was afraid that this little fragile being would fall victim to my clumsy self, that my knees would buckle, and I something might happen to her, so I didnt dare pick her up.



But last night I did it.

I held this little miracle in my arms for the first time. My bro had decided that he wouldnt find out what the gender of the baby was before the delivery, and I couldnt understand why. In my opinion all it did was make it difficult for us to by clothes and stuff. But then I realized: when you focus on gender you tend to ignore the more important thing which is the health of the child and alhumdulillah the baby is healthy.

I really wanted a girl because there are only 4 women who are mahrem in my family (mom, khala, nani and sis) and I could use a little girl to soften me up a bit.

Heres some more pics of the little squirt: